I am pleased to have been a small part of the Making Waves fanzine, contributing my recent interview with Marlene, Klaudia and Astrid of LiLiPUT. This first issue also features interviews with Jeri Cain Rossi, Debsey Wykes from Dolly Mixture, James Hoare, All Girl Summer Fun Band, Verónica Ortuño, Stef Petticoat, Chalk Circle, Alice Bag and more.
The fanzine is the result of a year long transatlantic collaboration initiated by Camille Lan in Paris and Mary Regalado in Los Angeles. The aim of the project is to explore the intersections of punk, feminism and womanhood by getting a group of contributors together that share a common enthusiasm for music and featuring women that make the songs we love.
You can download a PDF of the issue below, but of course the only way to truly experience this zine is in print form, so order your copy via Lulu here! Follow the progress of the project on tumblr as it continues: http://mwzine.tumblr.com.
DOWNLOAD: Making Waves issue 1 (PDF)
DOWNLOAD: Making Waves issue 1 mixtape (MP3)
01. Jeri Rossi – I Left My Heart But I Don’t Know Where
02. Dolly Mixture – Shonay Shonay
03. All Girl Summer Fun Band – Charm Bracelet
04. Finally Punk – Environmentality
05. Ludus – Too Hot To Handle
06. The Petticoats – I’m Free
07. Chalk Circle – Easy Escapes
08. LiLiPUT – In A Mess
09. The Bags – Violent Girl
10. Devil’s Dykes – Fruitless